Tuba for Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Tucker on April 09, 1999 at 11:03:37:

For Sale:

Meinl Weston 2155 CC, 4p-1r; 748-787 bore; bell diameter 17.5"; a picture of the horn (not my particular one!) can be seen on Dave Fedderly's site.

The horn is unlacquered but the bell is polished. Included is a Meinl Weston custom aluminum flight case, only been flown once with a few minor dings on case (fire-engine red and a foam-fitted interior cut to the exact specifications of the horn); incredibly light-weight and sturdy; this case can also be seen on Dave Fedderly's web site; also included, a Pro-Tec gig bag.

The horn also has some sharp Dillon valve caps and fitted with synthetic washers. The horn is machined extremely well with great compression and that characteristic dark Meinl Weston sound. The first valve slide is extremely smooth. It has a GREAT open low register with quick response and great projection.

I cringe at the thought of selling this horn but my financial situation dictates that I be a "one horn" tubist thus I need to make room. I think I have a price that will make this an attractive sell, so serious inquiries to:

Dave Tucker
(901)872-4356
dtucker87(AT)hotmail.com

Follow Ups: