Re: Daily Routines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on April 15, 1999 at 11:37:37:

In Reply to: Daily Routines posted by Joseph Felton on April 15, 1999 at 10:51:13:

I, personally don't believe in "warm-ups", but I do believe in routines. This includes doing fundementals like long tones and easy melodies in the morning. I prefer to spend the first part of my day playing on the big horn, ie CC. A few long tones to get my sense of sound going, then progress to simple melodies to get the music thing happening. I like to mix in mouthpiece buzzing during the entire practice session, regardless of when it happens.

I used to have the same attitude, that morning warm ups were greatly limited in length due to my schedule. I have lately found that to simply be an excuse for sleeping in. Instead of waking up at 7:30am, try getting out of bed at 6:00am and be on the horn by 6:30 or so. You will be surprised at how much easier things get when you start your day out with 1.5 hours of practice before 8:00am. Remember the old adage, "Early to bed, early to rise, keeps a man fit, healthy, and wise." I think it goes something like that. This adage applies equally to musical endeavors.

sean

Follow Ups: