Re: Case repair

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on April 30, 1999 at 01:45:16:

In Reply to: Case repair posted by T_Player on April 29, 1999 at 11:39:39:

Allied Supply Corporation has what you need. They ONLY sell to music stores. Call Allied at 1-800-558-3226 to locate a music store in your city that orders from them. If you are handy at all, you will be pleased with their special shredding pop rivets (you cannot buy these special pop rivets in hardware stores), chrome-plated corner braces, and Armstrong (brand) 2-part epoxy + the optional dye so that this glue will be black, instead of white (add as little as possible to the mixed glue.)

The thing that is so special about those pop rivets is that they curl and shred into four pieces, rather than merely swelling. This will make them hold for years in wood products, rather than working loose within months. In addition, they do not require back-up washers.

Craig at Allied (not a toll-free call) can answer your technical questions regarding case repair.

Follow Ups: