Re: Re: Re: Re: King UB tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on April 03, 2001 at 23:57:43:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: King UB tubas posted by ken again on April 03, 2001 at 20:56:46:

Hey Ken,
I would have to say that the king your talking about is just as vunerable to miss use and maltreatment as any other brand horn. North Penn had six back in 96 when I last taught low brass there and they were all less than ten years old and pretty much garage sale fodor. The best one might have made a good planter if the bell wasn't so flat. Just think how long a Mirafone, MW or PT would last in some schools. A Weril horn is a good playing horn at a fair price but not built like a tank. If the kids are going to mistreat school property then they should be held accountable. Besides at the price of a Weril the kids could actually afford to purchase one and leave your budget alone so you could by more music or take more trips to Florida. You must have known that the Amati and Jupiter horns were junk or else you didn't play them first. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but you know me. If your gonna play it you'd better take care of it or you bought it! If Tubas grew on trees I'd be planting a couple Tuba trees tomorrow......
How was your trip anyway?
Check this out, Weril use to make Dynasty Horns for Corps

Randy Mac Iver, Don't kill me on this one

Follow Ups: