Re: Re: Re: Re: Easter Gig

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob A on April 08, 2001 at 00:46:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Easter Gig posted by Joe Baker on April 07, 2001 at 23:55:53:

Joe,

Thanks for saying so well exactly what I have been trying to say for years! After years of Easter gigs, etc., I made a conscience decission to stop going to other churches on all the usual holidays just to make a few bucks. As things turned out, I'm now at a church with probably the best group I've ever played with,... and NONE of them are hired! They all attend regularly whether they play that week or not. So now I get to attend my own church, with my own family, worship with my "church family", play with my friends, and perform in a top-notch orchestra. And now my daughter sits next to me and plays her Tuba. She's only in High School, but she plays very well. Wow... what could be better? Sure, I lost a few bucks, and I have a few less calls (in fact most contractors have given up even calling me for holidays!) but God has so richly blessed me in my decission to play at my home church! Plus, Easter (and Christmas, etc.), are times that I can worship God more deeply and just enjoy rather that just becomming another gig.

Follow Ups: