Thanks for the info on Meinl's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Mordhorst on April 10, 2001 at 19:57:31:

The other day i asked everyone what their opinion was about Meinl Weston Tubas, The MW25 in particular. Well i was flooded with email, and your reply's on the message board. I would like to that everyone that replied to me! Anyway, the vast majority of your replies praised meinl weston's. I went to Dillon Music today, and practiclally played every tube they had, BBb that is. I picked up a MW25 played it a little bit, and it sounded quite stuffy. The valves were also quite sluggish. By the way, these were all used tuba, but in incredible shape! I also played the new King. It was good sounding, but not what i was looking for. Anyway to make a long story short. I ended up getting an old (15-20 years old) Meinl Weston 20 tuba. The bell is slightly smaller, but i loved the sound. It was previously owned by a professor at a college, so it's in increbible shape. It has a few minor dents and scratches, but it is very shiny. I would like to thank Matt at Dillon for all his help, he spent about 1 1/2 hours with me. Thanks to everyone that helped me get this great tuba. Hopefully in many years, you'll hear of my name! Cheers

Follow Ups: