Re: Re: Re: Re: BBb vs. CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by apples and oranges and crackers, oh my! on April 11, 2001 at 11:16:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: BBb vs. CC posted by Austin H. on April 10, 2001 at 23:07:36:

In neither of the previously mentioned cases were similar BBb vs. CC horns mentioned, and the previous message was nothing but subjective reasoning.

What it all comes down to is the player, NOT the horn. I, myself, do happen to prefer CC tubas. But to say that there are things that a CC tuba can do that a BBb tuba cannot is ridiculous. If you're enjoying playing your BBb tuba, and can play it well, there is no reason you should have to switch to a CC horn.. likewise for CC players. When I shopped around for my first tuba, I played a good two-dozen CC and BBb tubas. It just happened that the one I liked the most in my price range was a CC. So I bought it, learned the CC fingerings, and never looked back. I'll be purchasing a new horn in 3 months, and will have a much broader budget... even though I pretty much know what horn I want, I would NEVER rule out a horn just because of what key it's in. If I found AA-double flat tuba that worked for me better than my CC, I'd pick it up in a heart beat.

The original poster asked if he was missing out on anything. If your horn works well for you, then you're not missing out on anything, regardless of what key it's in.

Follow Ups: