Re: Re: Re: Re: New King 2341.....CC....maybe??....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Herrick on April 16, 2001 at 09:19:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: New King 2341.....CC....maybe??.... posted by Rob Perelli-Minetti on April 12, 2001 at 18:05:58:

Your old King catalogs sound interesting. The last time I actually saw one of the catalogs was about 65 at Schilkes old shop on the north side of the Chicago Loop. It actually belonged to one of his workers who had worked for H.N. WHite building theold beasts. Would you have any spare copies you would be willing to part with?

I have one of the .750 bore 4 valve model. Originally one of a set of six Ohio State U had. I also got hold of one of them for Jake who ended up selling it to the player form the Denver Symphony in 66. OSU got smart and wouldn't sell me a third one. Somehow the word got through that they were worth more than $500 at the time.
Charlie Guzi was playing one of this model in the Chicago Lyric Opera orchestra around that time and Connie Welding (sp?) had one in Miami as well.
Maybe we should start an old King club?
Bill Bell's horn was one of the smaller bore CC. Harvey Phillips had one for a while, not Bill's which I wanted to buy but he had promised it to somebody in NYC in 71. I liked it even though the valves had not been properly refitted when it was rebuilt.
I'd still love to have one as the old Kings were good axes.

Follow Ups: