Re: A Stereo Microphone for my Birthday

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck on April 19, 2001 at 14:49:08:

In Reply to: A Stereo Microphone for my Birthday posted by Rick Denney on April 19, 2001 at 14:26:42:

I have actually owned both of these mic's. I tried out the 907 for a couple weeks, and decided to return it. Good Guys has since changed their policy on accessory returns, so if you are expecting to try something out, be sure that you can actually return it. It recorded well and the tone was true, but it distorted on accented notes and stuff like that, even 10-12 feet away in a big room.

I then winced as I forked out the $235 for the 957 after I tried it out in the Mixing Board Room at Guitar Center to see if it had similar problems. It didn't distort there with my big CC playing 3ft away, so I bought it. The 957 has a better capacity for high decibels, though Berlioz above the staff still overloads it a little bit, though to beat that you're going to have to spend a lot more than $235, especially with a stereo mic. It differs from room to room, but I have been consistently pleased with the product. MD is great!! Be sure to set the recording level for manual control, otherwise the sound will clip and change while you are recording. If you have any other questions, e-mail me about it. There is another mic out by Sony that I haven't tried out - ECMDS70P - it's a tiny stereo mic that doesn't have a cord - it plugs in to the jack and sits butted up to the MD player. I have a friend who owns one and he says it works really well. I saw it for the least expensive at . I'll include the link for it.

Best of luck!

Follow Ups: