Re: The Cost of Tution, OUCH!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on April 20, 2001 at 19:14:27:

In Reply to: The Cost of Tution, OUCH! posted by Broke One on April 20, 2001 at 11:56:09:

My kid was very fortunate to get into Eastman where arguably the nation's best oboe instructor is located. I was determined NOT to "finance" the tuition nor to put it on HER back...I've seen too many symphony players in their late 20's and even well into their 30's with their finances in shambles due to impossibly burdensome student loans...and that's why I've been overhauling metal sousaphones and selling them like crazy and ebaying other brass and woodwinds virtually every night of the year...I hang out HERE too much, because I'm always on the computer either uploading pics, starting auctions, or answering emails. (In other words, the "internet" has become my "second job" with the purpose of keeping up HER tuition payments and also the tuition payments of my younger kids in high school.)

AFTER her (darn good, but still not much of a "dent") "Howard Hanson" scholarship, I figure that I have to generate about $5 - $6 per hour, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (BEFORE taxes) to pay for her tuition, room, board, transportation, and misc. expenses.

Follow Ups: