Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BSO Audition clarification

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I agree with Poppy man on April 22, 2001 at 00:32:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BSO Audition clarification posted by Sean Chisham on April 19, 2001 at 20:07:37:

Ask any guy with a big job, none of them will say they enjoy playing pops concerts.
Often times the tuba parts are harder than the regular rep and the reward for playing such music isn't emotionally there. My old teacher used to gripe about it all the time, and before you trash me on what I've said, my old teacher is in the
finals for that great "pops" orchestra. I'm sure he isn't in the finals because they knew he loved pops music either. I remember in a masterclass he was giving he told everyone how special and lucky the guys in orchestra's like New York, Chicago, Cleveland, ect were because they didn't have to play any pops music , that they had an entire different orchestra to meet that city's need for "pops", this led into a story of some of his least favorite pops performances. And besides all this, what's going to happen to the guy that's BEEN PLAYING IN THE POPS ORCHESTRA FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS, Gary Offenlock?
Obviously it was because of something that Chester hasn't been playing in the pops orchestra for a while.

Follow Ups: