Re: Re: Rudy Meinl 4/4 CC For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Russo on April 22, 2001 at 16:55:41:

In Reply to: Re: Rudy Meinl 4/4 CC For Sale posted by Ace on April 22, 2001 at 13:15:46:

I'd have to say that a 4/4 Rudy is closer in sound to a MW2155. Rudy's have a sound all their own. It's a different sound than MW. Both sounds are good, it just depends on your own personal tastes.

All Rudy's have some funky intonation notes. That's why I put a main slide adjuster on mine. However, I found that I play better in tune without it! I don't pull any slides and I can play any note in tune. If I pull slides, it's easier, but I'm lazy!

I feel like I can be more flexable on a Rudy than a MW, but faster passages are easier on the MW....really depends more on the player than the horn IMO.

The question about dynamic range isn't a fair one. Again, the MW2155 is more like a 4/4 Rudy than the 2145 is.

Rudy's have a sound with lots of color from top to bottom. To some that may be a sound that isn't even to others it may be just what they want. It really depends on the person playing the horn.

MW makes the 2145 and the 2155 for the same reason that Rudy Meinl makes a 3/4 and a 4/4...eveyone is different and everyone needs something different. If all you do is small ensembles and solos, the 4/4 Rudy is probably too big. (For most people) If you mainly play larger ensemble stuff and you want a horn that can also do the 5tet stuff...the 4/4 (MW2155) would work well.

I hope this helps.

mike russo

Follow Ups: