Re: TUBA journal-YAWN!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by *lucky cat* on April 28, 2001 at 22:18:22:

In Reply to: TUBA journal-YAWN! posted by Mark F. on April 28, 2001 at 12:49:37:

Didn't Dr. Skillen post on here recently that he would like suggestions for his section of the journal? Didn't others also convey the message that if we want these changes we keep complaining about to happen, we should set the ball rolling? Did anyone write with suggestions to Dr. Skillen? He was courteous enough to list all of his contact info here. If no one suggested anything to him or other board members, how can we expect change?
As someone who is primarily a tuba player, I am interested in the euph because it is obviously related. I admit I also play euphonium, but if anyone is planning on teaching in the future, most likely he or she will also be involved with the euphonium as well as the tuba. We are one community if you ask me, we need to support each other. Otherwise, ITEA will be broken up into IEA and ITA (and that can't happen because there already is an ITA, which incidentally I am also an interested member of although I can barely get the slide positions right!) My point is that we need to think across our musical field. We are all part of the same big, happy family. We all need the help and support of one another to help our instrument family become better understood by the rest of the world.
The tuba world may be just a little piece of our big, big world, but I am damn proud to be a member of it and to have the connection to many of the other terrific people who are part of it. Tuba is my life.
Apologies for deviating from the original topic, don't mean to sound harsh.

Follow Ups: