Re: Spit Happens

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on April 30, 2001 at 01:00:23:

In Reply to: Spit Happens posted by Michael R. Cavitt on April 29, 2001 at 20:44:26:

If you don't mind a little modification to the horn, you can make water removal very quick and easy. This requires a good repairman and trust on your part as a couple of holes get drilled.

As a repairman myself, I did the following to my horn, a MW2000 just about 2 weeks after I got it. Since the water gathers in the crooks coming out of the valves, put an Amado (tr) waterkey in the spot where the water gathers. All you have to do then is turn the horn to the left, open the water key(s) with your left hand and either blow air through the horn or shake it a little bit. The water will leave and it is a quick and easy method.

Pulling slides is fine if you have plenty of time in the music and tilting the horn over to the right is fine but I have found the addition of the 2 waterkeys to be invaluable.

Send an e-mail to me privately if you want more info and I'll give you my 800 number to call. Hope this helps. It might also work on other brands of horn as well as the Meinl Weston.

Follow Ups: