Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tubas at dillon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by character ass... on April 05, 2002 at 11:13:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: tubas at dillon posted by hmmm..... on April 04, 2002 at 15:49:31:

…assination by innuendo is still character assassination.

“…Matt is still a salesman. It’s his job to make spending a ton of money pleasurable”
That stereotype can be true of salespeople, but in my experience with Matt, it’s bullshit. Matt’s not some quick buck used car salesman. His long term success depends on long term customer satisfaction. I bought a BBb from Matt, and even though money wasn’t an issue, after quite a bit of probing and listening, he recommended spending less money on a King 2341. So don’t be so quick to say his agenda is greed.

“Is he steering her to the doggy 621…I don’t know…”

That’s right, you don’t know. But that didn’t stop you from coming on the board and making the implication, did it? I tried to review the 89940 message, but it wasn’t coming up. I read it previously, and don’t recall Marry Ann saying Matt talked her out of the horn. It sounded like he was trying to give her a descriptive reference point for the low register, and it gave her something to think about. I think we need to be somewhat sensitive to how difficult it must be to field daily calls from players trying to find out how a horn plays or if it might be right for them. In my experience, the really good guys (like Tony Clements, Dave Fedderly) will always try to fully describe how the horn plays for them…strengths and weaknesses. They also don’t hesitate to recommend considering another model if they feel it is appropriate. Are they steering for their own agenda? No way.

I do agree that, since she wasn’t able to play the horn, it was wise of her to use the board to seek as much input as possible from others who know the horn or model. Not because Matt has an agenda, but because horns play differently for different people. Clearly she benefited by having the input of MORE THAN ONE PERSON, not from “going around the sales guy with an agenda”.

Finally, if you’re going to assault the reputation of a person who depends on it for a living, at least have the courage to put your name on it.

Tony E

Follow Ups: