Re: Ithaca or Cincinnati?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Smith on April 07, 2002 at 21:05:54:

In Reply to: Ithaca or Cincinnati? posted by Frustrated Senior on April 06, 2002 at 08:55:09:

Let me see if I can help answer your question. Being an Ithaca College student, however, I'm not going to convince you to either go here or to Cincinnati. Because you'll get a great education at either school. The most important thing to remember is that YOU are the one in control of what you get out of college. Whether you go for performance or education, there's nothing that a teacher can say or do that is instantly going to make you better. It all depends on your desire to become the best player you can be. Either Mr. Northcutt or Mr. Unland will help you in the right direction, but it's up to you as the player to make the decision on where to go. If you want to be in a big city with lots to do all the time, then Cincinnati is probably the place to go. However, if you don't mind driving a bit to go someplace, there are a lot of great things in the Ithaca area as well. Just keep in mind that your degree is a piece of paper and the true results are in the amount of effort you put in practicing. Just my opinion.

Sincerely,

Andy Smith
Bassdi(AT)aol.com
Tubist at Ithaca College

Follow Ups: