Re: MarchingBand/Real TubaPlaying--Opposites

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Randolph on April 11, 2002 at 23:21:40:

In Reply to: MarchingBand/Real TubaPlaying--Opposites posted by Collegetubaplayer on April 11, 2002 at 08:29:55:

This need not be the problem you make it out to be. While the 2 styles are not mutually exclusive, they need not interefere with each other either. I doubt seriously you play the same music for your tuba teacher that you do in marching band so just be flexible. Unless you are playing till it hurts, you are not doing any damage to your ability to play the horn. The fact that you have to go from BBb to CC is an advantage I think. The more you can make these 2 situations different, the more you can seperate them in your mind. You do have control over how you choose to approach both types of playing. They are not going to take away scholoarship $$ over staccato playing. In all likelyhood that money is funded by the ahtletic dept anyway. Play like you know how to play and let the notes fall where they may. If serious tuba playing is your goal then you have enough to think about without making it harder on yourself.

Change please ( for my 2 cents worth)

Follow Ups: