Re: Re: Re: Kalison PRO K2001 any opinions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by james rees on April 15, 2002 at 23:57:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Kalison PRO K2001 any opinions posted by Thanks 2ba Exchange? on April 15, 2002 at 22:36:53:

to me, the people working the tuba exchange booth at TMEA had very little interest in whether i was satisfied customer. they asked me to return a horn i was trying out because someone that looked like they were carrying more cash than i was wanted to try a horn. they simply came over, grabbed the horn, and said 'thank you, that's enough'. when i asked to play the cimbasso they had set up, i got the reply 'no, they're very rare and very expensive.' they sell some nice tubas, but i wasn't too fond of the way they treated myself and several people i know as customers. i assume college kids usually aren't the biggest spenders at conventions like those, but it still seemed quite un-professional, especally when custom music let me play their hirsbrunners for about six hours. as far as the st. pete goes, i had my factory issue springs taken off, and i put on a set of B&S springs, and then wrapped them one extra time for added tension. the extra wrap is probably personal preference, but it made them quicker and easier to play in the long run. the nickel finish is going to come off. everyone i have known that has a st. pete has had some sort of finish problems. i would spend the extra money for a laquer tuba, and enjoy the durability.

james rees

Follow Ups: