Re: BBb, CC, EEb and F Tuba on E*bay

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on April 25, 2002 at 03:09:38:

In Reply to: BBb, CC, EEb and F Tuba on E*bay posted by CK on April 24, 2002 at 22:47:24:

There was a thread on this instrument a week ago. Please follow the link given below.

And, no I have not tried brasses with that many valves. The max has been 5: my own single Bb Hoyer horn, a Miraphone Sinfonie 3+2 non-comp piston euph, and a B&S Sinfonie 4+1 all rotary F tuba.

About the Kruspe I can only add, that it is OK interesting. But the bidding has by far exceeded the level of value it would have had for me. No sour grapes, I have not been bidding at all.

Another seller from Bulgaria (or the same in disguise) offers a most interresting item:

VINTAGE MEISTER HANS HOYER TUBA. MUST SEE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=863201955

Among the facts proving "I AM NOT A EXPERT ON MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. PLEASE SEE ALL PICTURES" are the 6 valve slides of which not even one single is placed in the right receivers.

In a private discussion I have wondered about all these German band instruments being offered out Bulgaria. I have had the thought, that we are watching an outlet for serial thefts from German bandrooms. We West Europeans welcome the freedom of our brethren in the East. However we are not all that happy about all of the procurement schemes, that they apply in our countries.

Klaus

Follow Ups: