International Tuba-Euphonium Workshop

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce E. Roberts on April 01, 2003 at 12:00:02:

6TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL TUBA-EUPHONIUM WORKSHOP
www.cafe.ou.edu/itew

Looking for an interactive, intensive, and fun workshop for both tuba and euphonium players with internationally renowned faculty?

Then the International Tuba-Euphonium Workshop at the University of Oklahoma (June 22-28, 2003) is for you!

Enrollment is limited to 40 participants. Act now! Only a few spots remain.

Now in its sixth year, The International Tuba Euphonium Workshop is designed for high school (minimum age of 15 and 3 years experience), college-level students, young professionals, and adult amateurs addressing all areas of tuba and euphonium performance. This weeklong workshop includes a daily schedule of breathing and warm-up, ear training, master classes, integrative yoga, ensembles, rhythm class and nightly recitals by the faculty. One of the unique aspects of this workshop is that the faculty lives and eats with the participants in the dormitory. Participants literally have access to the faculty 15 hours each day. Another unique feature of this workshop is the fact that there is no competition. We all learn together through total immersion and collective energy in an incredibly supportive environment. This program is designed and proven to promote a positive attitude towards the self, fellow participants and music.

Testimonials:

“I can honestly say that I learned more in 7 days than I did in 7 years of playing...”

“Close knit musicians work together long and hard, leap ahead, share precious gut level, open, candid time with world class musicians/educators and cut right to individual core issues with proven solutions...a gem of a program, a ‘best buy’, a ‘must attend’ for those seeking individual playing improvement”

“When I got here, I intended to be a sponge in a swimming pool, soaking up everything I could...But what I found was an ocean. This has been the most incredible week of my life!”

”This has been a life-changing experience. I now have a focus and attitude all my own...”

Workshop faculty:

Sam Pilafian, Arizona State University
Deanna Swoboda, Dallas Brass/Brass Rap
Ted Cox, The University of Oklahoma
Brian Bowman, The University of North Texas

For workshop information and fees, or to enroll, please call the University of Oklahoma College of Continuing Education at (405) 325-1947 or log-on to our website at www.cafe.ou.edu/itew.

Follow Ups: