Yamaha YEB-631S FOR SALE!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Accuardi on April 01, 2003 at 20:29:50:

I must sell...

This auction is for a Yamaha YEB-631S Eb tuba. The current model that Yamaha is selling, is the 632, the only difference is that the new model's bell is 1" larger, otherwise, the same instrument. I bought this tuba after it had sat at my local music store for probably over two years, it is practically new. Everything works great, and it is a wonderful instrument! Intonation far excells any other Eb Tuba I have played, even some contrabass tubas. This Yamaha Eb tuba is designed after the Besson Eb model. It has a rich sound, and speaks very very well, even in the low register. The player can go from High Eb (above the staff) to pedal Bb (two octaves below the staff) with no resistance in the lower register (except really low, of course). The condition of the horn is quite excellent. There are three imperfections, one a very small dent on the top bow, the second a minor dent on the bell, and another abrasion on the bell where perhaps a stand hit it (who knows?). The tuba had a chem bath one year ago, and has been played an average amount of time in the past two years I have owned it. An excellent solo, chamber, and ensemble instrument! The tuba comes with the original Yamaha hard case, which is very sturdy. It saddens me to have to sell this horn, but the costs of graduate school are too much to afford owning this horn any longer. I am in Portland, OR if anyone would like to test this tuba out. Reserve is set to sell this horn (very reasonable). Please e-mail with any questions!

Follow Ups: