Re: I need a new tuba!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alternatives... on April 01, 2003 at 22:31:22:

In Reply to: I need a new tuba! posted by Brad on April 01, 2003 at 21:09:48:

This is definitely a problem. However, a GG contra-bass bugle is probably not ideal for all around playing unless your band marches 24/7/365. The only way left in your situation is to hold fund-raisers, car washes, etc. for the sole purpose of buying a new tuba. If your current Dynasties (distributed by DEG) are so awful, why would you want a sponsorship from them? I can see your school renting horns, which may be cheaper, but judging by the way your current horns are thrown around, this might be a bad alternative. You could apply for as many grants as possible, but the aforementioned tubabuse would probably wreck any horns a grant would provide. Lastly, it's your money, so don't let your parents control it. A new, cheap Jupiter 382 would not be bad in this situation, if you can tolerate marching with the Dynasty.

If all else fails, it seems to me that you're up the creek without a paddle. You might just have to grin and bear it, unless you're a freshman. Then, I would consider trying to get a new horn.

Follow Ups: