Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bass bone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A couple of things.. on April 03, 2003 at 12:40:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: bass bone posted by Mary Ann on April 03, 2003 at 09:30:53:

...you might want to consider, MA...With small hands, it can be difficult to hold any bass trombone that has a wide slide, such Bach, some Yamahas, Edwards, Shires, or King. Conns and some older Yamaha models based on Conns have a more narrow slide that will more comfortably fit your hand. Any bass trombone slide can be made narrow by installing a Conn or narrow Yamaha endbow, and cutting down the handgrip tubes. Also, a great deal of hand strain can be eliminated by using a support such as an Edwards "Stegeman" bar or Greenhoe Rest Bar...my favorite, and the best $100 I've spent in a long time.

As far as a horn is concerned, I'd recommend a Yamaha 613H, Getzen 1062, or the Getzen independent valve model (don't know the number). These horns are flexible and adaptable to most any performing situation, not overly heavy, and will maintain a good resale value if you decide that bass trombone is not for you. Good luck!

Follow Ups: