Re: Re: Re: Irresistible Greasy Dives

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on April 08, 2003 at 13:30:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Irresistible Greasy Dives posted by Rick Denney on April 08, 2003 at 12:30:06:

Rick has named some of the best places in San Antonio. Tip-Top is indeed still in business. It is not a place to patronize if you are attempting to keep your youthful figure(if one should have such a problem).

As a result of my working some distance from San Antonio(at least, for now), I have discovered a couple of really good places to eat. First, there is the Dixie Cafe, in Hearne, Tx.(midway between Waco & Bryan). A lot of Texas Aggies know about this one. Its theme is one of the Confederacy. They even have some authentic(I think so, anyway) Confederate money. This is a good place to get a meal for a reasonable price. As far as burgers are concerned, they serve excellent burgers in a place called Janet's, in Bremond, Tx. The front of the place is a video rental place. The food is in the back. It has been a long time since I tasted such a good hamburger.

If I don't play tuba at a world-class level, I would have to blame those San Antonio places(notice the tuba content, here). They have caused my torso to be dominated by my stomach rather than my lungs.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters

Follow Ups: