Re: I'm Goin' to Cowtown!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian C on April 12, 2003 at 13:54:49:

In Reply to: I'm Goin' to Cowtown! posted by Frank Z. Mustafa on April 11, 2003 at 22:59:45:

Reasonable accommodations are available at the places Mark suggested. If you would like a more expensive place to stay, I’d suggest the Ashton or the Worthington in downtown Fort Worth.

TCU is surrounded by upper middle class housing and low-cost , wood frame houses used primarily by students. To the west is Hulen Street, home to a small mall, many restaurants and stores, and the many luxury apartments favored by the majority of students. To the south are residential neighborhoods of no note. To the east are a few affluent neighborhoods interspersed between primarily Mexican neighborhoods in addition to Fort Worth’s medical district. To the north of TCU, you will find more affluent housing, Colonial Country Club, the Fort Worth Zoo, the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, many restaurants and several hotels, some upscale shopping, and the Fort Worth Cultural district. The Cultural District is home to the Kimbell Art Museum, the Amon Carter Museum, the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum, the Cowgirl Hall of Fame, and the Fort Worth Musuem of Science and History. Far past the Cultural District, (but still along University Drive), you will find the Fort Worth Stockyards. Though I’ve lived here my entire life, I do not frequent the Stockyards, not my cup of tea.

School will be in session during the conference, but only the Maymester term. What this means is that there will be fewer BMWs, Lexus’, and SUV’s of all kinds to wade through in the parking lots. Nonetheless, TCU’s police force is as enterprising about parking tickets as any university’s and pricier than many. Unless something has changed, they should not be enforcing the parking regulations during the summer, but one can never be sure.

I’ll be there for Saturday’s session.

Follow Ups: