Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm Goin' to Cowtown!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank Z. Mustafa on April 13, 2003 at 16:58:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: I'm Goin' to Cowtown! posted by Chuck Jackson on April 13, 2003 at 14:30:31:

Read my post again, Chuck:

"I'll be damned if it's not the biggest thing since the Chicago World's Fair. OR whichever one where they had the T.V. for the first time, I guess it was '39."

I covered myself, if you can interpret English grammar correctly. It was '39, as I said, not Chicago, but as you can see, I did not profess to be sure it was Chicago. Your utter failure will only become more pronounced when I point that there's only one "s" in "disappointed", and the word "World's" deserves an apostrophe in this context. What a shame.

And as an aside, I often encounter situations on message boards where people appreciate the spirit of a joke, but then harp mercilessly on technical details, ruining all of the fun for everyone. I can only guess at the firestorm of self-hate that burns inside of such people, roiling their subconsious with the silent affirmation that they, themselves, may never say something found funny by anyone.

Narf!

The Z Man

Follow Ups: