Re: Teeth

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MA on April 14, 2003 at 20:45:14:

In Reply to: Teeth posted by Rick Denney on April 14, 2003 at 19:35:55:

I had to have a root canal and consequent crown placed over one of my incisors back in high school after a sousaphone vs. strong wind gust accident. The wind gust caused the horn to fly back and the mouthpiece popped me pretty hard. I didn't know how severe the damage was at the time. It was state marching championships week and I didn't have time to get in and see the dentist. The agonizing pain simmered after the championships and my playing slowed to no more than a couple hours total per day. But then when college auditions came around in the spring I started playing a lot more and the pain came back. I finally got in to the dentist and found out that I had dime size root damage that I had been living with for about 5 months. Stupid me.

I didn't have any trouble with the procedure. In fact I remember playing at an orchestra rehearsal that evening. Part of my mouth was still a bit numb, but I managed to play. Again, stupid me.

I haven't had any trouble with the plastic crown since I had it put in 7 years ago.

Follow Ups: