Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: gigbags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on April 18, 2003 at 09:29:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: gigbags posted by ocfac on April 17, 2003 at 20:16:03:

You have supplied a general response to a specific request. To repeat, the requirements are:

- No heavier than a gig bag (I'll cut you some slack and allow it to be a heavy gig bag)
- $300
- Storage for music and stuff
- Backpack straps
- Fit in my Subaru (I don't have a minivan, and seats are for people who I'm all too often carrying in addition to the tuba).

I can be careful with a gig bag, but a hard case that can't meet these requirements is unusable to me. I have a flight case for my Miraphone that I made, but it's in storage, because it doesn't meet these requirements.

Lest you think my requirements are unreasonable, Yamaha makes cases that almost meet these requirements for their instruments. Hang a pocket on the outside and they'd meet them completely. They are cheap and light, and make no pretense of being a flight case, and they keep dents off instruments when being carried.

Rick "who has applied most of the dents to his tubas (perhaps half a dozen in the last 15 years) when the horn was out of the case or bag" Denney

Follow Ups: