Gronitz (like Nirschel) CC Horn

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Fischer on April 18, 2003 at 19:42:24:

This is a follow to the posting by Tony Clements (Low Brass Works) for my CC Gronitz I'm selling. The horn is only a little more than a year old. If you don't know the horn, in my opinion, it's very similar to the Nirschel horns. My last two horns were a Nirschel and this Gronitz. I'm selling this brass laquered Gronitz to get the silver one that I've always wanted. I bought the exact same model except in silver.

Anyway, the Gronitz has a big, open sound and is a very free-blowing horn. The valves are 4 piston and 1 rotary and they all work very well. The slides pull great on the horn and are all accessable from the top, the 1st slide being almost like a trombone slide in ease of pulling. The 4th valve has 3 slides and the one on top pulls out to about 18" !! I've never needed to pull it out more than a bit but it's there if you need it. There is also an added ring on an extender to make the little 2nd slide much more accessable. You don't have to pull any slides to get all the water out and I can show anyone how if you're interested. The leadpipe has also been raised so the horn can sit on the chair rather than your lap. The horn plays exactly as it did before moving the leadpipe.

I'm also selling my Eb Besson which is listed further down in the postings.
Any questions ???

Jay

Follow Ups: