Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on April 25, 2003 at 12:39:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's posted by by the way on April 25, 2003 at 11:50:43:

I fail to see what European musicians have to say about the quality of musicians in the American midwest. Also, for anyone that knows me, and you don't so you wouldn't know this, I am from Philadelphia. Not the midwest. I studied in the midwest. And at New England Conservatory. Was the quality of instruction more musically based at the conservatory? Yes. That has nothing to do with its location (except that the BSO was down the block) and everything to do with the institution and the emphasis of the school. The University of Kansas is not New England Conservatory. But then Temple is not Indiana. Musicality does not differ by region in this country. If you wish to say that European teaching methods favor musicality over technique when compared to American methods that reverse those, I would probably agree. Just don't use your limited experience to bash the "fly over" region of the country. Alot of great musicians come from the midwest. They must have learned to be great musicians somewhere.

Nothing good could come out of Nazareth.

I'll leave my criptic last line without comment. Except for the comment I just made.

Bill

Follow Ups: