Re: suggested guidelines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on April 29, 2003 at 14:21:28:

In Reply to: suggested guidelines posted by perfess'r on April 29, 2003 at 12:55:59:

I understand your sentiment, however I believe this board serves the purpose of putting many ideas on the table. It leaves it to the reader to be able to sort out opinions and to decide which have merit and which do not. Certainly, there are many posts which are either moderately or extremely annoying. Some even bare the writer's ignorance. Perhaps this very post is doing exactly that. I'm not certain that playing all those scales is a true litmus test of one's knowledge of the tuba. I can play the scales quite well, but I do not have the knowledge that many others have. In other words, I may qualify to speak, if we use your set of qualifications, but I may not be the best person for you to listen to.

I have been reading and posting here for approximately a year and a half. During that time, I have learned much more than I have been able to contribute. I don't believe that disparity exists because I can't play a tuba very well. I believe I can hold my own fairly well. Though I am no longer a kid(not by a long shot), I still intend to learn a lot more than just playing scales accurately. There are many excellent and informative posts which are helpful in this ongoing endeavor.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters

Follow Ups: