Re: Please help!! What is a Bb Babordon?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Cary on August 11, 1999 at 08:09:52:

In Reply to: Please help!! What is a Bb Babordon????? posted by Paul Posada on August 10, 1999 at 16:31:47:

A "bombardon" is the French name for a BB-flat tuba, as opposed to the French (single) C Tuba that was commonly used in France. This appears to be an old horn, and while it may be cheap, it is more of an instrument for a musical instrument collector than school use. Most likely this horn is fragile and will have some intonation problems, and the mouthpiece reciever may not fit a standard mouthpiece. If you're looking for a decent used tuba at a fair price, check out Dillon's Music. Currently they have some old recording basses (a Conn and a Reynolds) that appear to be in good condition, and they are about a grand a piece. You can view these horns on their Web page (see the music shops links Sean has listed).

Follow Ups: