Re: Help how can I protect my tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on August 21, 1999 at 14:27:20:

In Reply to: Help how can I protect my tubas posted by Paul on August 21, 1999 at 09:07:23:

Since I live in South Florida, I can relate to your fears about hurricanes. Having lived here through 1 hit (Andrew) and 2 near misses, I can give you the following advice. If I were you, I'd pack up all my tubas and music and get the hell out! Now knowing where to go can be tricky. I remember a recent hurricane that hit in the Fort Pierce area and a ship captain who moved his cruise ship from its port thinking he knew where the storm was coming ashore and thought he could avoid it. It turns out that he moved his ship right to where the hurricane went and the storm sunk his ship! So, when picking a place to go, try to get as inland as possible so the storm has plenty of land to pass over and weaken it before it could ever get to you. Other than that, there isn't much you can do. Hurricanes are VIOLENT storms and anyone who thinks they can "batten down the hatches" and wait out the storm is a fool. If you have a house, put up your storm shudders, lock the doors, and leave. Don't wait until the last minute either or you'll get caught in the traffic jam with everyone else doing the same thing. Good luck!

Follow Ups: