Desperately Looking for Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Rummel on August 09, 2000 at 12:44:17:

Hello All!!

I am in a bit of a bind and I am hoping that someone will be able to help me out. I am looking for Alec Wilder's "Effie Suite" (Suite #1) arranged by Stanton for tuba and woodwind quartet, and I am about ready to pull my hair out in frustration. I am performing this on a tour in September and can't seem to find the woodwind parts anywhere. I have the piece on order, but it is back-ordered and there is no telling how long it will take for me to get the tune. What I am wondering is this: Does anyone on this BBS have this arrangement, and if so, would you be willing to fax me the woodwind parts? I know that this might be a little taboo as far as copyrights are concerned, but, I have the parts on order and will only be using the copies for rehearsals, so I don't think we will get arrested by the copyright police!! :-) I have been in contact with virtually every large music dealer across the country, and have even spoken with the publisher, and no one seems to have it in stock. If anyone is willing to help me out, please e-mail me as soon as possible so I can give you my fax number. From 9am-4pm you can reach me at: andrew.rummel(AT)langley.af.mil or in the evening at iplaytuba(AT)earthlink.net I am so sorry for this desperate cry for help, but I have exhausted almost all of my options. Thanks in advance for your help in saving my rear!!!

Follow Ups: