another York EEb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on August 14, 2000 at 14:12:52:

I,too, have a York EEb tuba for sale. According to the serial number, it was built in teh early 1920's. It is silver plated, though much of the silver has worn off, except for inside of the bell. The bell is 19 1/2" in diameter. The horn has an extra "donut" of tubing such that the main tuning slide can be re-routed for a lower pitch. It has three valves (with two original and one replacement finger button). The whole horn was restored a couple of years ago--including replating the pistons and removing all dents. The only thing wrong with it is a tiny (3/8"?) crack in the bell, about three inches in from the rim; this doesn't seem to affect the big, dark sound. It has a large bore, though I don't have a precise enough instrument for measuring it. It comes with a York mpc.

I hate to see it go, but I'm on the road way too much these days to be able to lug it around with me, so I'm going to move over to euphonium.

I'd like to get $750 plus shipping for it (I'm in the NY area.) I also have an Art-Tech road case for it, which I will include for another $250. (I bought the case less thatn a year ago for $325).

Sorry, no pictures right now. E-mail me or phone (845) 778-3061 (daytimes) with any questions.

Follow Ups: