eBay tuba vs trombone offerings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on August 14, 2000 at 15:20:25:

To all:
I thought that there were some sad offerings on eBay for the tuba as far as the guys selling "new" horns like those Winstons and the guy who puts another Cerveny up for sale daily, or the guy with the Jin-bao (?) euphoniums. That was until I checked out the trombone offerings just out of curiosity, and ran across Brand names like "Parrot" and the same tactics as the guy with the Cerveny, but with about 5 different offerings all listed about 10 times each. I think someone needs to start up a "consumer reports" for musical instruments! It is just scary to think that people might be taking these offerings and purchasing them just because they are new as compared to a used horn. Have any of you repair guys seen any of these horns? I just hope that people out there buying tubas and other expensive musical instruments decide to use a forum like this to ask there questions and get some decnt opinions and good direction before they make their purchases. Just was wondering if any of you guys noticed the same or had any experience with this.

Matt G

Follow Ups: