Re: The Jumbo Sousaphone Inspired Me!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Another amatuer on August 16, 2000 at 12:55:31:

In Reply to: The Jumbo Sousaphone Inspired Me!!! posted by Kevin Eckelkamp on August 15, 2000 at 16:49:42:

No matter where you go, it is going to cost $3000 or more to have your horn put in original condition. $3000 would actually be a very low price for what you are talking about. If the horn plays, play it and enjoy it. When you are out of college and an internet millionaire you can spend the money to make it beautiful.

If you ignore this advice and have it done anyway, Badger State repair does a nice job, Oberloh does good work, Dillon music is reliable, and I have heard that Rich Ita in Florida is OK. I am sure that there are many others who can do the job just as well, but these are the people I have dealt with. I think that everyone uses Anderson plating for the plating work, no matter who does the overall repair. You can try calling them to get an estimate for just replating.

ANDERSON SILVER PLATING CO., INC.
541 INDUSTRIAL PARKWAY
P.O. BOX 961
ELKHART, IN 46515
(219) 294-6447

Finally, recognize that whatever you spend on this horn is for your own enjoyment. Don't ever expect to "get your money back" on anything you spend on repair.

Follow Ups: