Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on August 17, 2000 at 02:38:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by Chuck Jackson on August 16, 2000 at 22:26:36:

Hello Chuck,

No I do not no Jerry Coleman but there is a monster bass trombone player here that I played next to for three years by name of Bob Lynch. This guy is amazing! Got his masters from Boston. He is still here in the band going on 5 or 6 years now and will remain here for another 3 or 4. He has reenlisted for here,extended here and then won the US Pacific soldier board and got station of choice, so guess where he stayed. Bob is my best buddy and my wife and I spend alot of our free time over his house with he and his wife.
As for the pops situation I am sure you are right/ I had forgotten what Joe said. Also that would be the time he went off to Heidelberg(sp) and then he came back to Ft Lee and then Japan. Joe was and is also a great buddy of mine and I hope I get to see him again soon. Well I am sure I have heard you play Chuck once or twice back at the "beach".
I also knew of the Dominion Brass. We I was still there Lee,Tom McGrady and another Tom(forgot his last name) from the Atlantic Fleet Navy Band were the tuba players if I am not mistaking.
Did you hear about the opening in the Langley A.F. Band? I am slightly considering going to the audition in Oct but have not decided. It is a long haul and I am at the moment trying to figure out my future in music as a tuba player. Right now I am freelancing over here and having fun. I play with Tomin Symphony Orchestra regularly.
Kampai!!!(thats "Cheers" in Japanese)

Pete Link

Follow Ups: