Re: Should I *gasp* buy my OWN Sousaphone?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on August 18, 2000 at 06:39:41:

In Reply to: Should I *gasp* buy my OWN Sousaphone?! posted by Alex on August 17, 2000 at 23:45:27:

Obviously, its your money so you should do what makes you feel that you made the best use of your cash. But in my experience, my advice to you would be to save your money. Since you know that the high school has poor sousaphones, I'll assume you have already completed at least your freshman year of high school. That means that at the very worst, you'll have to put up with these sousaphones another 3 years. After that, any college you go to is going to have sousaphones (maybe good ones) for the marching band and unless your's matches their's, you'll probably have to leave your's in the case. After college, how many times do you think you'll actually need a sousaphone? My experience, in 15 years post college, is none.

So, my best advice to you is to save your money. Or, better yet, buy a good concert tuba instead of a sousaphone and have something that you can use the rest of your tuba playing life.

My opinion for what its worth...

Follow Ups: