Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bill Bell tuba-flute jazz duet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on August 19, 2000 at 21:47:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bill Bell tuba-flute jazz duet posted by Tim Loehr on August 19, 2000 at 19:31:36:

Tim,
I trust retirement is treating you well. Dave Dorrough wanted me to remember him to you. His life has some twists and turns, but he has landed on his feet. He fondly remembers the days at NTSU and the "Beaux Eauxs" BQ. He was wondering if Dave Kuehn was still alive. I have a virgin copy of Bill Bell and His Tuba, but it is a re-issue as it has the picture of the King. I reviewed the re-issue of Toby's album for the TUBA Journal and implored Golden Crest to start re-issuing all of it's catalog. We can only hope that some more titles will be forthcoming. In the mean time, I have a DAT tape of the Bell that I listen to. I love Carnival of Venice!!!! Have you seen the old NY Brass Quintet album with Bell, Van Haney, et.al. on the cover. Bell has a big grin on his face. It has probabably the first known commercial recording of the Bozza Sonatine. If memory serves me correct, it kicked big butt. Love to see that one again. Cheers.

Follow Ups: