TE finds lost tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed on August 21, 2000 at 23:35:31:

The Tuba Exchange has found the tuba that they had "lost" after I had purchased it.

Ten days ago in a post here I mentioned that after buying a used tuba, TE sent it off to a destination in Texas by mistake. We live in Canada, so this was not useful. Then the problem was compounded when USP sent it back to Texas after nearly succeeding in getting it back to the store. This was all very frustrating, and I was really starting to wonder if someone was pulling our leg or worse.

Anyway, after wandering around the south for about two weeks, the horn got back to the store, was checked out, and was sent out promptly to our location. It arrived in the city after only 3 days... we had to please the troll under the bridge (Canda Customs), which took a couple days... and now it is actually in our house.

The horn (a fine Yamaha F 621) is no worse for wear. The Tuba Exchange had described the instrument accurately. We got a fair deal from them and we are happy.

Kudos to Todd at TE for finally getting things straightened out and for keeping his cool when things looked grim.

Ed

Follow Ups: