Re: Comments from an old tuba player

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steven N. on August 06, 2001 at 11:17:04:

In Reply to: Comments from an old tuba player posted by Bruce H on August 06, 2001 at 09:43:02:

Bruce I agree with you !! I myself have played a long time ,almost 40yrs . When i started out i had a old banged up BBb tuba, if people think hard ! look and LISTEN to old recordings of bands and symphonys , the tubas were not all huge monsters , and not all CC either . those tubas of which i speak had a great sound ! i play mostly BBb or EEb when needed , so did my teacher who played for Arthur Feidler in the Boston pops for over 35 yrs . he was his personal barber also when they went on tour , ( that was his side job ! haha !) another thing how many of the really great old cornet soloists played Cornet or trumpet ????? not many if any at all ! same with the tubas listen to a british brass band some time , all EEb & BBb tubas doesnt seem to slow them down much , im sorry this CC thing is just a fad ,,,,up till a couple years ago ,you couldnt give an EEb tuba away if you wanted to no one wanted them !! now look they bring top dollar !! well just my thoughts , ok now blow my ears off with comments !!!!

Follow Ups: