Re: Re: Re: Feelings about the Jupiter 582S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on August 06, 2001 at 16:02:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Feelings about the Jupiter 582S posted by Ricky Lopez on August 06, 2001 at 15:35:52:

"So I looked around and found the Jupiter 582S. The ones that I have found aren't to expensive and seem really nice but all I'm going on is looks and descriptions about the tuba."

"and don't worry i'm not dumb enough to go on looks and the manufactures description but that is all i have seen about the instrument."

Now maybe you know why folks are advising you against a superficial determination regarding which horn you should buy? The only way to know which horn you should buy is to try them out for yourself and find which ones you like. Nobody can tell you this and they can't even give you clues about which horns might be good for you until you have some more expertise and experience yourself, thus giving you the ability to accurately describe what it is you want out of a tuba. Your best bet is to go to the nearest tuba retailer and start asking questions and trying horns. You may find that a rotary instrument is exactly what you need if you try the right one. Rotary, piston, big, small, silverplated. lacquer, whatever! Find the instrument that allows you to make the music you want. Good luck and good hunting!

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: