Re: Comments from an old tuba player

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A college student... on August 06, 2001 at 18:04:53:

In Reply to: Comments from an old tuba player posted by Bruce H on August 06, 2001 at 09:43:02:

I find this message completely unecessary. Who cares who has what horn, and who plays too loud? I have spent two years dealing with incompetent morons at my school, who think I play too loud..(Mainly collegues) The ironic aspect is, that all of the conductors that I have worked with at this university LIKE my big sound. Also, my "Too Loud" sound, has got me a position in the area's finest youth orchestra. In my opinion tuba players, and their cohorts, have been accustomed to hearing the polite tuba. But, when you think about all of the great orchestras, (Chicago/Boston/NY) their tuba players sound great. Loud at some times, and quite in others...just like the music says. So many people get scared when a tuba actually plays FFF...It is unfortunate. I have a recording of the Chicago symphony playing "Night On Bald Mountain," in this recording Jacobs actually blows out one of the microphones... He must have been playing pretty loud...

Follow Ups: