Re: Tuba for an 11-Year-Old

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lisa on August 07, 2001 at 09:49:29:

In Reply to: Tuba for an 11-Year-Old posted by wcc3 on August 06, 2001 at 18:52:15:

Will,

Lots of good comments... I think for the brands you probably can't go too wrong with most of what was mentioned. If you get a good enough quality horn, it will last your daughter up until the age she does decide whether or not she wants to pursue a career in it. I would also suggest letting her play the horns, as some are totally awkward to play even though they "seem" like a good fit. She may "grow into" an awkward horn, but I don't think you can "outgrow" a comfortable horn. (Okay, I'm sure it has happened, but probably not too often).
Tracy made an excellent point about the bus. I was lucky in that I could ride to school with my mom (who was a teacher there), so I was alleviated of that problem. I would just like to offer my input on something that seems it would help the bus situation.... a backpack gig bag. I've had good luck with the Altieris, but Tuxedo and many others make these as well. This way she doesn't have to lug a hard case with her... That would be awkward!
Hope I could offer something.

Follow Ups: