Re: Re: Monette 95 Mouthpiece for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on August 09, 2001 at 22:46:56:

In Reply to: Re: Monette 95 Mouthpiece for sale posted by Chuck(G) on August 09, 2001 at 19:36:19:

Monette has five different CC mouthpieces and two F mouthpieces. The CC are model numbers: 94, 95, 97, 98 and 99. The F's are 94 and 95, although I haven't seen the 95F around for awhile. The differences are in the cup size and rim shape, width and inner diameter. Sorry, I don't have the exact measurements.
The model numbers essentially coincide with the year they were developed. The 94 was obviously the first and has the standard helleberg style rim and funnel cup. The 95 is smaller with a bowl shaped cup and rounded rim. The 97 is somewhere in between the 94 and 95. The 98 is similar to the 94 but with more cup volume. The 99 has the same rim shape and size as the 94, but with more of a bowl shaped cup. You can get a more detailed description from the Monette web site at www.monette.net. I don't know what a "Monette 2" tuba mouthpiece is. Maybe you could ask the good people at Monette for an explanation. I hope this helps some.

Sincerely,

Ken Sturgeon

Follow Ups: