Re: Re: question from a non-tubist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on August 10, 2001 at 07:59:22:

In Reply to: Re: question from a non-tubist posted by Sean Chisham on August 09, 2001 at 20:46:18:

Hey Sean,
Everything you stated seems to be valid except that you are really blaming the performance venues and a possible lack of concentration on the players part to make music. Sousaphone is just different to play than a Tuba. If you keep good fundamentals in mind while you play than how you perform on a Sousaphone is really up to the player. I agree that it is physically challenging to deal with marching situations but music is still being made. Did you see Brass Theater or Blast,(I realize a sousaphone is not used but a shoulder mounted Yamaha and a CB 50)? I would have to say that there is some serious music making going on there. Maybe the canadian brass should just sit down during the whole show? While I can respect your view point I whole hardily dissagree that playing a sousaphone damages your playing ability. The real culprit to your misery is the venue. That's my opinion for what it's worth.
Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: