Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on August 15, 2001 at 12:28:41:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!! posted by Chuck(G) on August 15, 2001 at 00:41:44:

Without being too private I yet might state that the mutual respect between Chuck(G) and this poster must be at some high level. This alone to be determined by the number of internal posts bypassing any framework of boards and lists.

There are some problems, that I choose to be blind towards. And then there are problems, that see even before they appear. One could say that this is an setting of priorities, that follows ones natural gifts.

There has been revealed lots of informations along this thread. None of these informations have counter-proofed my initial thesis.

Why? Because if the original young poster had been a jerk acting out of dishonesty and and lack of foundation, then he could not have opened this thread the way he actually did.

I have experienced a few US HS band live. The first of them was downright amazing. On the field and in the concert hall. This young girl playing (on a Bb) the first movement of the Haydn trumpet concerto. Whith the band giving giving her a dedicated support. That was an experience never to be forgotten. But of course their director was of Danish descendence, which was why they came across my ears.

But if you want the to hear the essence of my experience of US HS band’s sitting outdoors concerts, then it copied to hard paper, inducing a bit of a caricature, is this:

Sad selections with terrible transitions, where out of tune woodwinds play odd modulations on a rough tuba foundation. With majorettes doing even worse drills at exactly these sore points of the music.

This is neither entirely nor partially fair, but still it might illustrate some of my points.

Klaus

Follow Ups: