Re: WERIL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Love My New Weril! on August 16, 2001 at 16:55:17:

In Reply to: WERIL posted by GB on August 16, 2001 at 15:02:29:

Well, G.B., this is a coincidence. I just received my Weril CC tuba today from Joe Sellmansberger at Mid South Music in Memphis, TN. And while I can't comment on the BBb horn, I LOVE MY CC! I've never played the Weril horns before today. I asked a lot of questions from those familiar with them (like you are doing), and read as many reviews as I could. I'm strapped for cash, and this was the only horn that fit what I wanted, for the money I could spend. Let me tell ya this- you don't ALWAYS get what you pay for. Sometimes you get more. I've played the Yamaha 621 CC before. I can't think of one thing on that horn that I like better than my Weril. They are virtually the same horn. They have the same sound, and almost the exact same look. The Weril, however, places the valves in a much more ergonomically comfortable position, higher on the horn. Oh yeah- and then there's the fact that the Weril costs LESS THAN HALF of what the Yamaha costs! And talk about intonation. I haven't even been able to blow a single note on a tuba in a year and a half. I took this horn out of the box, put it on the tuner without adjusting any slides, and BAM! This baby plays wonderfully in tune. There are a couple of slightly "funky" notes, as every tuba has, but they are easily fixed by alternate fingerings and/or lipping up slightly. I also wanted to thank Joe S. for finding me a great deal on a demo horn. I was very pleased with the way I was treated by him, and the quickness of the transaction from the initial phone call to delivery of the horn. Thanks, Mr. Sellmansberger. Well, as SOMEONE once said on a certain unnamed tuba/euphonium forum - "That's my $.02"

Ryan

Follow Ups: