Re: Re: Re: 2155 / 2166 - Comments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BP on August 17, 2001 at 16:00:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: 2155 / 2166 - Comments posted by dan on August 16, 2001 at 21:46:23:

If I remember correctly, you play on a MW20 or MW25 right? Well, the MW2155 CC tuba sounds even bigger than the MW25 BBb. It is a responsive horn, and has a more cutting and and heavier sound than the MW25. The MW2165 is like the 2155, just a bigger version of it. Even more free-blowing(more responsive) and even more of that dark Meinl sound. It it a BAT but sounds different than the average BAT. It has more of a germanic sound than american sound, even though it is loosely based on the old Holton tubas. It has more bite in the sound than the Yorkbrunners, or Nirschl, where their sound is fluffier sounding. Some people say 2165 is hard to play facility wise, but I believe you can over come it. I have not played on it that long to figure that out and basically don't care what others think. This horn is designed, in my opinion, for SOUND, witch is most important. I myself play on a "hard to play" horn in many peoples opinions. I use the old rotary MW2155 witch actually has decent intonation, contrary to others beliefs, but maybe I lucked up. I has a more glorious sound than many "famed" tubas have. Go for the tuba that fits you're sound concept and don't worry about how hard or easy it is to play. You can overcome that with playing it and getting used to it with time.
Sorry if this posts 3 times or not right on time.
Technical difficulties.

Follow Ups: